This award-winning book is over 400 pages & bound in a beautiful green with gold print.
It is full of information, pictures, and maps. Here is a brief description of the contents---
1. History of Montgomery County - general county history of each township with a map of each & list of cemeteries, churches, rural schools & centennial farms.
2. Towns, Villages, Post Offices, and Railroad Stations - a list with year founded and historical information.
3. Railroads - map wit information on each railroad & a section regarding notable wrecks.
4. Coal Mining - map & information on each mine with fatalities by mine.
5. Route 66 - Montgomery County had the 1930-1940 2-lane road and the 1940-1977 4-lane road. Includes a map and pictures of construction of both, along with a section about businesses along the highway.
6. Montgomery County Goes to War - information by era from the Revolutionary War thru the Persian Gulf War with lists of veterans.
7. Feature Pages - includes an article about the county government with lists of county officials - businesses including banks, churches, cemeteries and more.
8. Families - there are 233 pages of family stories, many with pictures which were submitted for publication
9. Index - includes surname & business names.